And all of that has nothing to do with the recipe I'm sharing today. Today I'm sharing spinach baked ziti. I use to make it all the time and it was always a huge hit and impressed my (college) friends. I made it so often that I grew tired of it and just now made it for Chris for the first time, and we've been together for nearly three years. Chris devoured it so I'm assuming it was a huge hit for him as well.
Spinach Baked Ziti
What You Need:
- 1 lb/1 package ziti
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 oz chopped mushrooms
- 8 oz shredded (vegan) mozzarella
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 lb tofu, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook ziti according to packaging.
- In a large bowl mix the spinach, mushrooms, 1/2 of mozzarella, 1/2 sauce and the tofu. Once pasta is cooked, add it to the mixture.
- Put the mixture into your casserole dish. Cover with the remaining pasta sauce and top it with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
We had ours with a whole wheat Italian bread loaf and a spinach salad.