On another note, tonight I donated plasma for the first time. I apparently did not drink enough water beforehand and felt extremely lightheaded after. I was extremely happy that I prepared dinner in the slow cooker earlier in the day. And even happier with my choice since it contains a variety of vegetables, meaning a variety of nutrients :) I love it even more than the tortilla soup and therefore am sharing this one as well. It's brown rice, chickpea, and vegetable soup (I know it's long but that's the name from the book) from my favorite 'Get Healthy, Go Vegan' cookbook.
Chickpea Soup (way shorter name)
What you need:
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 small broccoli florets
- 1 (15 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher or sea salt to taste (completely forgot this and it was still great)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add chickpeas, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, basil, and oregano and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the brown rice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.