I also started studying for finals and worked this weekend so I'd say the past couple of days were a success! Again, I decided on a quick meal for dinner. Are you surprised? Start to finish, this one took 30 minutes. It's an adaption of a recipe from my favorite cook book, Get Healthy, Go Vegan.
What You Need:
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat fusilli
- 1 can artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used a chardonnay)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp basil
- pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Heat the broth over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato, artichoke hearts, wine and black pepper. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil.
- Serve the artichoke mixture over the cooked pasta and enjoy with a nice glass of wine :)