This is an adaption to my mama's recipe. I always end up adding more flour after letting it sit so I've included that as well as added the nutritional yeast and more sugar.
Homemade Pizza Dough
What You Need:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup flour, use as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup warm water with the sugar and yeasts. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. Let it get frothy.
- In a large bowl mix the flours and salt. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir with a spoon until the dough starts holding together. Knead the dough for about 8 minutes. (This is where I usually end up adding some more flour, but not a whole cup.) Cover dough with a tea towel and let set for an hour.
- Pour some of the extra flour onto the pizza pan. Knead dough into the shape you want, flipping it at least once to be sure it does not stick to the pan.
- Add whatever toppings you would like and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Our friend Courtney's pizza
Chris' pizza; He seized his chance to add extra meat to his meal
My pizza; I can't believe I thought being vegan would be difficult.