After lunch, my day was long and busy. I had classes and the internship, then it was grocery day. Needless to say, I did not feel like making the fancy meal I had planned on for tonight. Instead, I cooked another 15 minute meal that turned out really well! It definitely helped ease the Alfredo craving I had last week. This one is from Vegetarian: Tasty Recipes for Every Day. Yea, they got real creative with that title, but it has had some winners in it. Again, I took some liberties with the recipe so what I have here is not exactly how it reads in the book.
What You Need
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 oz butter (I used margarine, I keep forgetting to find vegan butter)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup (soy) Parmesan cheese
- 16 leaves of fresh basil (that is a direct quote)
- Cook pasta. While it is cooking, prepare for and complete step 2.
- Heat the butter (margarine) in a deep heavy pan over low heat until it is foaming. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and add it the to the sauce. Add the Parmesan and basil and toss well.