What You Need:
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 package, or about 7 or 8 ozs of frozen chopped spinach
- lasagna noodles
- 1 package (vegan) mozzarella
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 ozs mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta in boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, defrost the spinach. In a large bowl mash up the tofu, add the spinach, 1/4 cup of the cheese, nutritional yeast, 1/2 cup pasta sauce and oregano. Mix all together.
- Pour some pasta sauce onto the bottom of your casserole dish. Add some of the cooked noodles. Put the tofu mixture on top of the noodles, then the mushrooms (if using), and top the layer off with some cheese. Repeat until you're out of tofu mixture. Top it all with more noodles, pasta sauce and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Here is what my first layer looked like.
And the finished product!