Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What About Lunch?

So I've been blogging here for nearly two months and have yet to say a word about what I eat for lunch, except once when I ate on campus. I swear, I do eat lunch at home. Normally, it's leftovers. But, if I make a few meals in a row that have basically the same ingredients, or are mainly pasta dishes then I know I need something different for lunch to get a variety of nutrients. My favorite way to do this is to make a wrap. It's quick and easy and stuffed to the brim with all sorts of veggies and seeds. Today, I made a Pepper and Hummus Wrap.

Pepper and Hummus Wrap
What You Need:

  • Hummus
  • 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/4 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 small carrot, chopped
  • 1 tbsp husked sunflower seeds 
  • 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
  • Whole wheat wrap or flatbread
The Process:
  1. Put hummus and veggies on the wrap/bread. Sprinkle the seeds on top. Roll it up and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment