Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh The Places You Will Grow!

We have a shared fence with out neighbor. Their dog has created a long hole at the bottom of the fence and there have been numerous altercations between our dogs and theirs at this location. We have tried a few ways to fix it with no avail. After a particularly bad altercation, I stood in the backyard trying to figure out what in the world we could use to temporarily fix the issue until we had the chance to go buy some chicken wire. Then I spotted this cooler...    
I keep seeing all these alternative planters on pinterest and thought, why not? I just planted some seeds in a flower kit and some would be perfect container plants! But, me being me, I couldn't leave the cooler looking like this. It was a beautiful afternoon so I seized the opportunity to paint the cooler!

It's hard to see in this picture but I painted the phrase "Oh the places you will grow!" on the front. It's a twist of one of my favorite Dr. Seuss' quotes. I'm leaving the lid on for now because the flowers won't be ready for transplant for a few more weeks and I don't want anything else growing in there. I am so excited and can hardly wait to post a picture next month of how it looks with flowers and herbs in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment