Friday, March 9, 2012

Rainy Day Soup

It was a rainy day here in NC today which means, Rainy Day Soup! That is what I call the soup that I make on cold, rainy days. On days like today, I don't want to cook anything fancy, I just want to curl up on the couch and watch a movie.

There usually is no recipe, which is what I love about it. I just throw in whatever extra veggies we have in the fridge, and let it cook in the crock pot for a few hours. Today's Rainy Day Soup was extra good though so I wanted to document it and share with yall.

Rainy Day Soup
What You (always) Need:
  • 6 cups vegetable broth
  • 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tbsp basil
  • 2 garlic cloves, sliced 
What I Added Today:
  • 2 celery sticks, chopped
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 3 red potatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup dry navy beans
  • 1 tbsp herb's province (that's what was on the label, it came with a bunch of spices my mom gave Chris for Christmas last year) 
  • 1 cup frozen corn
The Process:
  1. Peel potatoes and carrots, and chop/dice all fresh vegetables.
  2. Add everything to the crock pot. Set on low and cook for 6 hours. 







2 comments:

  1. This soup looks yummy! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this at Shine on Fridays. Rainy days are definitely perfect for good, hearty soup! Hope to see you back at the party next Friday!

    ReplyDelete