This week I tweaked a vegan pancake recipe from my fav cookbook Get Healthy, Go Vegan. Using a skill I learned while making the Cinnamon Rolls, I turned my vanilla soy milk into buttermilk which I personally think made these pancakes so much better.
Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
What You Need:
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup (vanilla) soy milk
- 1 tbsp white distilled vinegar
- blueberries (optional)
- Pour the vinegar into a cup containing the soy milk and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients and heat the pan.
- Once the 'buttermilk' is ready, add it to the dry ingredients and mix in the blueberries if you chose to have them.
- Poor the batter onto a non-stick pan or oiled pan. Flip when it starts to bubble, about 1-2 minutes per side.
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!