Sweet Chick Quinoa Wrap
What You Need:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- black pepper to taste
- Whole wheat flat bread/tortillas
- In a large pan, cook quinoa and nutritional yeast in the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Once the quinoa is finished cooking, add remaining ingredients to the large pan and simmer until all of the mixture is warm. Fill your wrap and enjoy!
With the combination of carbs and fats, it was the perfect fuel for Chris before his community softball game. Sasha loves cheering for her daddy.