Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Breakfast Of Course

Holy cow Batman! I haven't posted in ages. I have been slacking. To be honest, I just haven't been in the cooking mood. The things I have cooked recently are regulars in our household and are already on the blog. This morning, though, I was feeling adventurous. I've been craving pumpkin lately, I have no idea why, and so I made baked pumpkin oatmeal. Top it with some warm syrup and it's heavenly!

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
What You Need:

  • 2 1/2 cups dry oats
  • 1 can pumpkin
  • 1 1/4 cup (vanilla soy) milk
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 4 tsp cinnamon (plus some to sprinkle on the top) 
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
The Process:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients, the canned pumpkin, and the oats in a bowl, then cover the bottom of your casserole dish with the oat mixture. 
  3. Mix the milk, syrup, and vanilla in another bowl. Pour this mixture over the oats. Top it with the raisins and if you're a cinnamon fanatic like me, sprinkle more cinnamon on the top. 
  4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with warm syrup. 

I'm sure you're wondering what is in my mug. Okay okay, I'll tell you. It's my vanilla mocha latte :) It is 1/4th chocolate almond milk, 1/4th vanilla soy milk, and half coffee which equals pure joy in a cup. 

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! With two of our sisters in college now, they will definitely be getting some ideas from you! We appreciate you linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We love seeing all of the great recipes and fun ideas! Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete