So with this goal in mind for the past five days, I have made my first step towards veganism. In my morning coffee for the past few days I have used almond milk in place of my usual 2% cows milk. Not going to lie, I think it tastes way better and my stomach seems to like it better as well! However, I have also comprised a short mental list of things I'm not I'll be able to give up as easily. So far I have...
- Eggs: I know there are substitutes but I love to bake so we'll see how well they work.
- Cream Cheese: I LOVE bagels with cream cheese. I have cut back but they are my little treat to myself when I go to study at the library (along with my Starbucks)
- Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt: Because I am a broke college student, I only go out for these as a special treat, even more special than a bagel. I'm going to have to find a new special treat.
- Chocolate: I'm a girl. It doesn't need more explanation than that.
- Butter Popcorn: I love my movie theater butter popcorn. I've tried plain popcorn and didn't like it, emphasis on plain.
I'm sure I'll think of more along the way but these are the ones that immediately came to mind when I took on this challenge.